Director, Employee Experience
Req #: 4252
Category: DIRECTOR/MANAGEMENT LEVEL
Division: Human Resources & Learning
Employment Type: Full Time
Compensation Type: Salaried
Facility: JPOC 1350
Location: 1350 S. Main Street, Fort Worth
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. Anchored by a 537-bed acute care hospital, the network includes more than 46 community-based clinics, including 20 school-based clinics. John Peter Smith Hospital is home to Tarrant County’s first and only Level 1 Trauma Center, its only psychiatric emergency services site and has the largest family medicine residency program in the nation. Our network employs more than 6,500 people.
Acclaim is our medical practice group and is comprised of a multispecialty medical practice group designed to align clinical providers with a common set of incentives and expectations supporting operational, financial and clinical performance improvement.
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org
To view all job vacancies, visit www.jpshealthcareers.org
Description: The Director, Employee Experience will manage and evaluate aspects of the employee experience throughout the employee life cycle and partner with the Director, Employee Engagement to implement strategies to improve engagement. This job also oversees internal communications, including the strategic planning, creation and distribution of content to be delivered by varied media across all business channels. Typical Duties:
- Prepares department operating budgets on an annual basis and monitors areas of responsibility for compliance within current budget.
- Promotes departmental and organizational activities for providing courteous customer service to patients, families, visitors and external customers.
- Participates in Leadership Development activities; implement strategies and processes to improve employee morale and performance.
- Reviews and approves disciplinary action taken on behalf of the organization; taking into account the rights of the employee, the organization and best practices.
- Manages and mentors HR staff: check and approve work; carry out performance evaluations; make recommendations regarding unsatisfactory employees; set departmental goals and objectives in collaboration with Executive Director, Human Resources and VP, HR & Learning; instruct and train in methods and procedures; maintain staff records.
- Serves as liaison with other HR disciplines in compensation, performance management, transactions, employee records, workers compensation, unemployment benefits and information systems in assisting with customer needs and opportunities.
- Collaborates with internal and external customers to influence effective, efficient and customer focused HR services. Promotes work force diversity, management/employee input/evaluation and staff wellness in HR service delivery. Designs methods for continuous improvement in the delivery of services by soliciting internal and external feedback, using best practice models and organizational goals.
- Evaluates data needs and data sources in order to collect, analyze and distribute critical data pertaining to assigned departments as well as federal/state reporting.
- Maintains accreditation readiness through the Joint Commission and other state entities to ensure that HR processes align with standards.
- Reviews and approves HR investigation findings to ensure proper follow-up is completed and documented.
- Supports, with Executive Director, Human Resources and VP, HR & Learning, in proactively providing evidence based HR by aligning HR programs with organizational business strategies.
- Supports and champions human resource and organizational initiatives/activities, including but not limited to employee satisfaction, employee engagement, rewards and recognition, and retention efforts.
- Partners with leaders to assess and analyze root cause issues; recommend and ensure appropriate actions are taken to promote employee/organizational satisfaction and to reduce controllable turnover.
- Provides policies/procedures and management/employee consultation on issues that require analysis and interpretation of complex policies/procedures.
- Provides training classes for management and staff on HR topics.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline that is associated with Human Resource Management from an accredited University.
- 5 plus years of strong experience in employee relations.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree but will substitute experience in lieu of degree.
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Course work in mediation.
1350 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104