HVAC Systems Coordinator
Req #: 4376
Category: SUPPORT SERVICES
Division: Support Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Compensation Type: Hourly
Facility: John Peter Smith Hospital
Location: 1500 S. Main Street, Fort Worth
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. Anchored by a 537-bed acute care hospital, the network includes more than 46 community-based clinics, including 20 school-based clinics. John Peter Smith Hospital is home to Tarrant County’s first and only Level 1 Trauma Center, its only psychiatric emergency services site and has the largest family medicine residency program in the nation. Our network employs more than 6,500 people.
Acclaim is our medical practice group and is comprised of a multispecialty medical practice group designed to align clinical providers with a common set of incentives and expectations supporting operational, financial and clinical performance improvement.
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org
To view all job vacancies, visit www.jpshealthcareers.org
Description: Responsible for coordinating the installation, maintenance, calibration and automation, service, troubleshooting and repair of small-to-medium-sized heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems at all JPS facilities. Typical Duties:
- Coordinates with the Facilities Project Manager to ensure all HVAC systems (capital or operational) are up-to-date, code-compliant and functioning as required by ASHRAE, ANSI, NFPA, IMC, IPC IFGC and other local codes as well as the local authority having jurisdiction.
- Reads blueprints, interprets Manufacturers’ specifications, written and verbal instructions for the calibration and automation, maintenance and repair of small-to-medium sized air conditioning systems.
- Ensures the sensitive and critical nature of HVAC and Building Automation Systems serving hospital and other occupancies are intact and the integrity of these systems is maintained at all times.
- Coordinates all corrective and preventative maintenance activities on HVAC-related systems and equipment to ensure all are areas (including specially designed ventilation rooms) are operating within code and regulatory authority limits. Ensures HVAC-related work requests are completed promptly and accurately.
- Responsible for trouble shooting, repairing, modifying and replacing components of HVAC systems and equipment including chillers, boilers and pumps and other associated equipment.
- Maintains documentation to ensure compliance with local, state, federal and accrediting organization regulations and standards.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the Building Automation System and associated computer programs.
- Maintains equipment inventory, coordinates parts and equipment procurement, and coordinates vendor activities when HVAC-related tasks exceed the scope of in-house resources.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
- Ability to do work on his/her own with only normal supervision.
- Adhere to JPS Standard of Behaviors.
- Adhere to JPS Code of Conduct, Compliance and HIPAA policies/procedures.
- Adhere to JPS policies/procedure.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
1500 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104