Director, Care Management-Inpatient
Req #: 4539
Category: DIRECTOR/MANAGEMENT LEVEL
Division: Nursing Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Hours: 8-5 pm
Compensation Type: Salaried
Facility: John Peter Smith Hospital
Location: 1500 S. Main Street, Fort Worth
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. Anchored by a 537-bed acute care hospital, the network includes more than 46 community-based clinics, including 20 school-based clinics. John Peter Smith Hospital is home to Tarrant County’s first and only Level 1 Trauma Center, its only psychiatric emergency services site and has the largest family medicine residency program in the nation. Our network employs more than 6,500 people.
Acclaim is our medical practice group and is comprised of a multispecialty medical practice group designed to align clinical providers with a common set of incentives and expectations supporting operational, financial and clinical performance improvement.
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org
To view all job vacancies, visit www.jpshealthcareers.org
Description: The Director, Care Management provides operational direction, management and oversight to the Care Management teams. This job oversees patient assignments, patient flow, staff scheduling, and assists department in meeting operational and financial goals of the department. This job ensures goals are met through assisting with utilization management, measuring productivity, ensuring the department has the appropriate equipment and staffing. Typical Duties:
- Oversees staff to include making recommendations for disciplining, coaching, and counseling.
- Conducts daily rounds to support decision making and assist in resolve departmental issues.
- Participates in the development, refinement, and implementation of Care Management programs, policies and procedures.
- Develops, implements and directs all Inpatient Care Management programs, policies, procedures and processes to promote an efficient and effective Inpatient Care Management program.
- Assesses the effectiveness of the program annually and reports findings to the Utilization Management Committee.
- Oversees and coordinates staff activities to facilitate integrated and proactive care management processes, including access management, utilization review, and management progression of care facilitation and transition of care.
- Ensures adequate coverage for all operational areas; ensures the employees are trained and actively works with employees to ensure accountability for individual performance and outcomes.
- Develops and implements mechanisms to audit performance indicators for all key processes.
- Manages outcomes and modifies strategies and approaches as needed to achieve strategic objectives.
- Ensures optimal program collaboration and integration within JPS Health Network and local community programs.
- Facilitates and promotes interdepartmental integration and collaboration to enhance overall performance.
- Develops effective mechanisms to ensure optimal integration and transition of care processes within the JPS Health Network.
- Ensures compliance with all state, federal, payor and accreditation requirements.
- Proactively promotes methodologies that positively affect patient care and staff productivity.
- Leverages all available technology to increase program efficiencies and performance.
- Prepares, reviews, and manages the department budget to meet or exceed budgetary expectations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Social Work or related field of study from an accredited program.
- 7 plus years of experience in acute care case management, Care Management or Utilization Management.
- 4 plus years of supervisory or management experience in acute care case management or care coordination.
- 3 plus year of experience in MS Office Professional Suite to include Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Social Work or related field of study from an accredited program.
- Licensed Registered Nurse or Care Management Certification (CCM or ACM).
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Licensed Psychologist.
1500 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104