Req #: 5337
Division: Human Resources & Learning
Employment Type: Full Time
Compensation Type: Salaried
Facility: JPOC 1350
Location: 1350 S. Main Street, Fort Worth
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. Anchored by a 537-bed acute care hospital, the network includes more than 46 community-based clinics, including 20 school-based clinics. John Peter Smith Hospital is home to Tarrant County’s first and only Level 1 Trauma Center, its only psychiatric emergency services site and has the largest family medicine residency program in the nation. Our network employs more than 6,500 people.
Acclaim is our medical practice group and is comprised of a multispecialty medical practice group designed to align clinical providers with a common set of incentives and expectations supporting operational, financial and clinical performance improvement.
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org
To view all job vacancies, visit www.jpshealthcareers.org
Description: This position will work as a part of the HR Total Rewards team. The Wellness Consultant will work collaboratively with the Wellness Dietitian to create, coordinate, and implement the health and wellness program for the JPS employees. The overall goal of the Wellness Consultant is to cultivate an environment focused on employee health and wellness. This includes the improvement of employee health outcomes and cost effective programming. Typical Duties:
- Create and manage programs related to Fitness Space utilization.
- Seek out partnerships with external fitness vendors in order to provide discounts and services for the JPS employees.
- Oversee contract negotiations with fitness vendors.
- Create, implement, and manage health and wellness related events and programs.
- Manage JPS employee incentive program.
- Management and upkeep of the wellness website.
- Assist in analyzing aggregate health data of JPS employees to determine wellness programming needs and to establish strategic goals.
- Develop a successful Wellness Champion network to promote health and wellness throughout JPS.
- Collaborate with the Marketing department to develop communication for wellness events.
- Capture participant feedback through evaluations and utilize results to develop program enhancements.
- Ability to travel as needed to other locations within the Tarrant County area.
- Performs all other job related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- BA Degree or 4 plus years of experience in nutrition, another life science, or health related field.
- 3 plus years of Wellness Program, Health Education, Health Promotion, Corporate Wellness, or Preventative Healthcare Services experience and/or Health and Wellness Consultant.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Personal Training Certification
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- 1 plus years of experience in MS Office Professional Suite to include Word, Power Point.
- Current CPR/AED Certification
1350 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104