RN Team Lead – Oncology (7p – 7a)
Req #: 5638
Category: NURSING/LVN (INPATIENT, OUTPATIENT, SPECIALTY)
Division: Nursing Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Hours: 7p – 7a
Compensation Type: Hourly
Facility: John Peter Smith Hospital
Location: 1500 S. Main Street, Fort Worth
The RN Team Lead may provide direction and guidance to RNs, LVNs, and support staff to ensure that patients are provided quality care and services and the department/unit/clinic operates in a timely and efficient manner. The RN Team Lead serves as a resource and role model for RNs, LVNs and support staff. Typical Duties:
- Works at maintaining a good rapport and a cooperative working relationship with physicians, departments and staff.
- Completes documentation and meets current standards including policies and procedures and documentation of all mandatory forms within the scope of the job.
- Performs patient care in a timely manner. Identifies patient orders and works to prevent treatment/procedure delays ensuring continuation of service. Notifies manager or designee of any issues impacting patient flow in a timely manner for resolution development.
- Collaborates with patients to identify treatment plan goals; discharges patients as appropriate with written discharge plan. Encourages family participation as appropriate for age and situation.
- Prepares daily assignments for assigned teams and makes adjustments based on number of staff, patient volume, and needs of providers.
- Ensures assigned teams maintain department/clinic/unit readiness, including but not limited to, placing patients who are prepared for examination in exam rooms in a timely manner, ensures chart availability, chart checks, ensures exam rooms are neat, orderly and properly stocked, and maintaining a safe environment for patients, visitors, and staff.
- Guides, educates, and provides leadership as a preceptor for new employees.
- Assists with and provides input for performance appraisals, disciplinary action, reports, audits, surveys, and documentation in medical records, employee records, and computers.
- Delivers nursing care to assigned group of patients including education directed towards identified knowledge deficits, treatment planning, pain management and discharge planning utilizing the nursing process.
- Delivers quality nursing care while minimizing the risk of infection, contamination, harm, or injury.
- Anticipates deteriorating life sign patterns or equipment malfunctions and takes appropriate action.
- Monitors, records and reports symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.