Supervisor RN – Behavioral Health – PT
Req #: 5598
Category: BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Division: Behavioral Health
Employment Type: Part Time
Compensation Type: Hourly
Facility: TSP- North
Location: 1000 St Louis Ave, Fort Worth
The Supervisor, Registered Nurse (RN) Psych House monitors patient care and ensures safe and efficient functioning for all units for a specific shift. This position collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure safe, effective, and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes. Typical Duties:
- Delivers nursing care to assigned group of patients to include education directed towards identified knowledge deficits, treatment planning, pain management and discharge planning utilizing the nursing process.
- Delivers quality nursing care while minimizing the risk of infection, contamination, harm, or injury. Maintains safe and clean working environment ensuring compliance with procedure rules and regulations.
- Provides and coordinates patient care, educates patients and public about various health conditions, and provide advice and emotional support to patients and family members.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by using multi-disciplinary team strategies.
- Anticipates deteriorating life sign patterns or equipment malfunctions and takes appropriate action.
- Serves as a leader by precepting and mentoring RN I, and students.
- Maintains accurate, detailed reports and records and directs care with regard to age and developmental stage, presenting complaint, and pertinent history.
- Modifies patient treatment plans as indicated by patients’ responses. Monitors, records and reports symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions.
- Facilitates resolution of clinical problems in collaboration with Director of Psychiatric Nursing, Clinical Managers, medical staff, and other hospital departments as appropriate.
- Collaborates with Clinical Managers by providing data, feedback, and recommendations regarding operation, review, and adherence to the program operating and capital budgets for unit programs.
- Participates in the Performance Improvement activities to improve patient outcome.
- Coordinates incoming and outgoing transfers and demonstrates knowledge of EMTALA laws when processing patient transfers.
- Supports Clinical Managers in the safe and effective deployment of staff.
- Supports staff through mentoring and precepting and acting as a clinical resource. Participates in the employee evaluation/counseling process.
- Facilitates interdepartmental problem solving in complex patient care issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. #nursingfeaturedjob