RN Staff Educator
Req #: 5697
Category: NURSING/LVN (INPATIENT, OUTPATIENT, SPECIALTY)
Division: Human Resources & Learning
Employment Type: Full Time
Compensation Type: Salaried
Facility: John Peter Smith Hospital
Location: 1500 S. Main Street, Fort Worth
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. Anchored by a 537-bed acute care hospital, the network includes more than 46 community-based clinics, including 20 school-based clinics. John Peter Smith Hospital is home to Tarrant County’s first and only Level 1 Trauma Center, its only psychiatric emergency services site and has the largest family medicine residency program in the nation. Our network employs more than 6,500 people.
Acclaim is our medical practice group and is comprised of a multispecialty medical practice group designed to align clinical providers with a common set of incentives and expectations supporting operational, financial and clinical performance improvement.
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org
To view all job vacancies, visit www.jpshealthcareers.org
Description: The RN Staff Educator-ODL provides organization-wide clinical instruction and staff education within the specialty areas of the Inpatient Services Divisions: Correctional Health, Critical Care (ICU and PCU), Medical-Surgical, Perioperative, and Women and Children’s. RN Staff Educator manages new hires time through direct and indirect involvement with staff orientation, competency management, role transition, in-service and continuing education to ensure learning has occurred. The RN Staff Educator – ODL influences professional role competence, professional growth, and supports fostering a climate for learning, facilitating continuous learning for clinical staff, and enabling the adult learning process. Typical Duties:
- 1. Instructs clinical staff to perform nursing and patient care relative to the area of clinical specialty.
- Develops, plans, presents and evaluates educational activities that foster the development of competent learners through providing orientation, in-services and continuing education.
- Develops an assessment process to determine learning needs and facilitates adult learning theory to plan learning opportunities.
- Assists in the selection of the most appropriate method to accommodate learning styles, cultural diversity, education level, and the learning environment.
- Identifies and acquires resources required for quality program design and delivery; revises education programs as needed.
- Enlists qualified instructors to plan, develop and present specialized clinical topics.
- Evaluates, documents and reports educational activity outcomes for competency validation and record-keeping.
- Develops and maintains a level of clinical competence appropriate for the practice environment served.
- May serve as subject matter expert or be trained as nurse planner for Texas Nurses Association (TNA) Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) activities.
- Performs all other job related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Masters of Science Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of Nursing.
- 5 plus years of nursing experience in a clinical area to include at least 3 plus years of clinical preceptoring, teaching, healthcare education or staff development experience.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure by Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- ANCC Certification in Nursing Professional Development or within 3 years of hire.
- Completion of job specific orientation program within 90 days of hire.
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- NLN Certification in Nursing Education or other training and development certifications.
- ANCC Nursing Certification in area of Specialty (ex. CCRN, RN-BC, CNOR).
- Advanced life support training in areas of responsibility (ACLS, PALS, NRP, STABLE, TNCC / ENPC, etc.).
1500 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104