Power Plant Mechanic
Req #: 5827
Category: SUPPORT SERVICES
Division: Support Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Hours: 10:30 pm – 7:00 am
Compensation Type: Hourly
Facility: John Peter Smith Hospital
Location: 1500 S. Main Street, Fort Worth
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. Anchored by a 537-bed acute care hospital, the network includes more than 46 community-based clinics, including 20 school-based clinics. John Peter Smith Hospital is home to Tarrant County’s first and only Level 1 Trauma Center, its only psychiatric emergency services site and has the largest family medicine residency program in the nation. Our network employs more than 6,500 people.
Acclaim is our medical practice group and is comprised of a multispecialty medical practice group designed to align clinical providers with a common set of incentives and expectations supporting operational, financial and clinical performance improvement.
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org
To view all job vacancies, visit www.jpshealthcareers.org
Description: The Power Plant Mechanic assists in the performance of duties necessary to operate and maintain power plant equipment. Typical Duties:
- Cleans and repairs boilers, blow tubes and discharge sediments, regulate feed water and condensation pumps, and lubricate pump equipment.
- Follows a preventive maintenance or designated maintenance schedule. Performs work such as repack valves as needed, change piping, clean and paint in the boiler room as needed, including lubricating boiler compressors, pumps, and related parts regularly. Cleans the inside of boiler walls as needed.
- Maintains logs on each boiler and cooling tower water samples and monitors the proper chemical treatment.
- Ensures standby electric generators are on-line during emergencies and monitors the temperature, output, and fuel of the system.
- Maintains generators, auxiliary pumping equipment, turbines, and other power plant equipment; connect or disconnect equipment from circuits.
- Regulates equipment operations and conditions, such as water levels, based on data from recording and indicating instruments or from computers.
- Records readings from charts, meters, and gauges at established intervals, and take corrective steps as necessary.
- Examines and test electrical power distribution machinery and equipment, using testing devices.
- Inspects records and log book entries, and communicate with other plant personnel in order to assess equipment operating status.
- Records and compiles operational data, completing and maintaining forms, logs, and reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- 1 plus years of experience in boiler plant or plant maintenance.
- 1 plus year of experience in boiler room operating techniques and related activities.
1500 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104