Cook II – Part Time
Req #: 5903
Category: SUPPORT SERVICES
Division: Support Services
Employment Type: Part Time
Compensation Type: Hourly
Facility: John Peter Smith Hospital
Location: 1500 S. Main Street, Fort Worth
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. Anchored by a 537-bed acute care hospital, the network includes more than 46 community-based clinics, including 20 school-based clinics. John Peter Smith Hospital is home to Tarrant County’s first and only Level 1 Trauma Center, its only psychiatric emergency services site and has the largest family medicine residency program in the nation. Our network employs more than 6,500 people.
Acclaim is our medical practice group and is comprised of a multispecialty medical practice group designed to align clinical providers with a common set of incentives and expectations supporting operational, financial and clinical performance improvement.
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org
To view all job vacancies, visit www.jpshealthcareers.org
Description: The Cook II prepares a variety of food items including meats, poultry, seafood, vegetables, and cold foods following recipes using correct cooking techniques to include prepares “to order” items for customers (e.g. grilled burgers, pizzas, pan pastas, stir fry, etc.). The Cook II sets-up work stations with necessary supplies to prepare menu for service; cleans and sanitizes work area, work surfaces, production equipment and cooking tools; and is responsible for serving and storing food in accordance with food safety guidelines. Typical Duties:
- Prepares a variety of food items including meats, poultry, seafood, vegetables, and cold foods following recipes using correct cooking techniques.
- Sets-up work stations with necessary supplies to prepare for menu service.
- Cooks “to order” foods by request and in accordance with appropriate cooking methods and/or techniques.
- Maintains a sanitary work environment. Cleans and sanitizes work area, work surfaces, production equipment, and cooking tools using industry standard methods.
- Serves and stores food following correct food temperature maintenance, safe work practices, and uses safe food handling techniques (e.g. HACCP, Code Compliance, and other regulatory procedures).
- Operates, safely and accurately, a variety of commercial food service equipment, including knives, thermometers, measuring utensils, scales, toaster, food warmer, and microwave oven.
- Works independently with minimal oversight.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2 plus years of experience cooking in the food service industry (e.g. restaurant or institutional cooking).
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Must have a current City of Fort Worth Food Handler’s Certification.
- Must have completed an American National Standards Institute (ANSI) accredited Food Handler’s Certificate Program.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Culinary Arts from an accredited program, college or university.
1500 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104